Bellevue Downtown Association (Bellevue, WA) – Full Time – July 2022
Please submit a cover letter and resume for your application.
Are you ready to join an exceptional team and grow with us? The Bellevue Downtown Association (BDA), the nonprofit membership organization focused on leadership and programming for our thriving downtown, is seeking a talented Marketing Manager to promote and elevate our brand and event portfolio.
- Manage and implement core elements of BDA marketing initiatives, including design, communications, production and flow of event and promotional materials and content; media partnerships; marketing research; social media campaigns and measurement.
- Help shape the story of Downtown Bellevue and drive the association’s success in serving its members and the community at large.
- Develop and execute clear and cohesive plans that elevate the BDA brand and programs across all channels.
- Manage external marketing and creative partner/agencies to ensure goals are met, brand positioning is reinforced, and all production deadlines are met.
- Manage deliverables with internal and external graphic designers, photographers, web/ video editors, guiding them from project conception through final product.
- Produce marketing reviews and recaps that communicate insights into performance.
- Support campaigns and content to secure paid, media, and in-kind sponsorships for BDA events, including proposals, new business/lead research, event summary reports and sponsor compliance.
- Build tools and processes that enable the BDA team to work efficiently and produce top-tier work while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Four (4) years relevant marketing, design, and communication experience.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communication, business, or related major.
- Strong communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional writing, editing and proof-reading skills.
- Proven understanding of project management concepts, including the ability to produce, track and manage multiple deliverables with overlapping deadlines.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Track record of problem solving and team collaboration.
- Detail-oriented and skilled at managing a project’s scope, schedule and budget.
- Self-starter, versed in advancing a project without a playbook in-hand.
- Excellent customer service skills. This role often interacts with sponsors, members, board of directors and the Downtown community.
- Strong interest in the Bellevue community and evolution of Downtown Bellevue.
Why join the BDA team? You’re likely to thrive in this position if you are:
- Eager to grow your career as a downtown organization professional and leader in a fast-growing, dynamic urban environment.
- Passionate about working as an integral team member in a mission-focused organization, helping colleagues connect and align activities across teams.
- Motivated to build out your job description and challenge yourself as team needs and your experience evolve.
- Extremely detail oriented with a passion for continually improving systems and processes.
- A self-starter and strategic thinker with a track record of successfully working with a wide variety of constituent groups in an organization.
- Interested in learning the “why,” “how” and sharing in “all of the work,” from routine tasks to being a key representative for the downtown community.
- Skilled in program organization, communication, project management and creative problem-solving.
- Adaptable and curious, comfortable with ambiguity, and driven to connect with purpose and clarity in your work.
BDA Team Core Values
- We take initiative, strive for excellence, and go above and beyond.
- We embrace and sustain a culture of caring for our colleagues and their work.
- We engage our membership and care for the Downtown community through intentional relationships.
Established in 1974, the BDA is the convening nonprofit organization focused on the economic and cultural vitality of Downtown Bellevue. BDA members represent the downtown community and fuel its growth with their energy, ideas and commitment.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and qualifications; the gross salary range for this position is $54,000 to $80,500/year.
- Employer provided medical/dental/vision insurance
- Paid time off, including family leave and paid holidays
- Retirement plan matching contribution
- Employer provided annual ORCA passport
- Professional development opportunities
- Costco membership
- Flexible, hybrid work schedule (combined in-office and remote).